Sunday, January 3, 2010

'Puppy Chow'

My daughter begged me, "Mommy, you haven't made 'puppy chow' since we lived in Michigan." "Will you please make some today?" As those beautiful, soft yet piercing eyes looked up at me, I couldn't help but say with great glee, "Sure!"

I tell you this little girl, who is swept away by the thoughts of Paris, assisted me with great joy as she helped me clean, organize the pantry and even put groceries away. After all was said and done, her little giggling voice carried through the kitchen as she said, "OK Mom, what is my reward?" I looked at her with a big smile and said with joy, "Tristin, you are going to get your 'puppy chow'!" She replied as she clapped her hands like a cheerleader, "Yaaaaay!"

This leads me to one of the easiest snack recipes ever...are you ready?

This is what you'll need for the recipe:
1 regular size package of chocolate chips
1 cup of peanut butter
1 (regular size) box of Rice Chex
1-1/2 to 2 cups of powdered sugar

Melting chocolate chips over the stove in a pot then as it melts, mix in peanut butter
When completely melted and stirred together...turn stove off and take off burner.
Pour a little bit of Rice Chex in at a time, mixing not too hard as you don't want to crush the Rice Chex.
After pouring the Rice Chex and stirring...let it cool down just a bit then pour into a 'trash bag' (a clean one :)
Then pour 1-1/2 to 2 cups of powdered sugar into the Puppy Chow Mix. Close bag by twisting it and shake really well, maneuvering with your hands on the bottom of the bag the Rice Chex mix so the powdered sugar covers all the mixture. When you look in the bag, make sure it's covered in white...if so then place in a large serving bowl and then place in refrigerator for about 2 hours...ready to serve!

Some like it warm...but it's best to eat it after it has been chilled. Of course, it is 'to each their own'.

Disclaimer: If you have peanut allergies..this is not the recipe for you...I'm sorry!

1 comment:

  1. Found you through Debby. Am enjoying your humor along with your recipes. I thought about doing the same thing after I went to see the movie but don't know where I would find the time.

    ReplyDelete

We love comments like we love desserts!!!
Please Note: If you don't have user id...then please comment as 'Anonymous'...thank you!